Preventing Dryer Fires
Each year, there are approximately 15,500 fires, 10 deaths and 310 injuries from dryer exhaust fires. Due to this, the Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a statement with tips for preventing dryer fires. It lists having your dryer exhaust system inspected and cleaned regularly by a service professional. To protect you and your family, have your dryer vent cleaned and/or repaired by a CSIA- Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician.
Five Reasons to Clean Dryer Vents
- To prevent a dryer vent fire
- To prevent a carbon monoxide hazard (if using a gas dryer)
- To extend the life of your dryer
- To save energy and minimize drying times
- To reduce condensation build-up which can lead to costly repairs and mold